Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Subscribe to Atom

God Knew Job (Part 2)

Job 1:6-8
That's a powerful thing to be said of you coming from God. It's like He's saying, "Wow, have you seen this guy?" Almost as if God was impressed by Job. It's one thing if men look at you and call you great, but from God that's an even more amazing testimony.

Job 1:9-12
This passage has always bothered me somewhat. It's another time when more than anything you have to trust God that he has a purpose for this to happen. In His perfect knowledge there must be something that warrants the misery that Job is about to endure.

There is definitely something to be said for consecrating yourself to God. This is definitely where Job was. It doesn't mean that everything will go fine. It's not a "get out of life free" card by any means. What it means is accepting His will in your life. It means surrender to Him. Kind of like that old hymn talks about.

All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

Have you surrendered to God?

Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment